We are looking for an experienced roaster to join our production team. The Head Roaster will work closely with our Green Coffee Buyer, Production Staff, and Coffee Educators to support our wholesale operations.
As Head Roaster, your job duties will entail:
- Fulfilling our roasting needs on a Probat P25 with the help of an assistant roaster, and working with our Green Coffee Buyer to establish roast profiles for new coffees
- Sample roasting purchasing samples and landed coffees
- Liaising with our Coffee Educators to help educate and train our staff, including developing new education classes
- Be an active participant within the coffee community
- Liase with our marketing team to ensure proper and complete information for all offerings
- Production cupping and espresso quality control
- Cupping with our Green Coffee Buyer for purchasing decisions
- Maintaining Daily Roast, Quality Control, and Cupping reports
- Regular roaster maintenance and cleaning
This job requires regular heavy lifting on a regular basis in a tight work environment. You must be able to multi-task and be a quick thinker. No job is too big or too small for this position, regular cleaning and maintenance is to be expected.
This is a full-time position working Sunday to Thursday. Compensation package is based on experience.
To succeed in the Head Roaster position you will need to have at least two years roasting experience.
Please send an introduction and your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a motivated professional to fill the position of Warehouse Manager. The Warehouse Manager will work closely with our production staff and roasters to ensure the successful operation of our warehouse and wholesale department. A minimum of twelve months management experience is required, and an understanding of the specialty coffee industry would be helpful, but not necessary. Duties will include the following:
- Managing a small team of production assistants and delivery drivers, including creating weekly work schedules according to budget
- Managing delivery vehicles and ensuring maintenance is up to date, including maintaing all driver logs
- Ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of our warehouse space, loading dock, and all storage spaces as well as the adherence to all OSHA rules and regulations
- Ensuring the proper packaging and handling of coffee and assisting when necessary
- Managing inventory of all supplies for our wholesale and retail spaces, including sending and receiving of all goods
- Receiving heavy coffee equipment and green coffee, being able to lift up to 150 lbs. with assistance
- Liaise with our in-house Technician to coordinate equipment storage, installs and repairs
Salary: $35,000 with access to benefits, two weeks paid vacation, and sick pay
Please send an introduction and your qualifications to email@example.com
BARISTA - FLATIRON LOCATION
Toby's Estate Coffee Roasters is currently hiring baristas to join our crew. Experience is preferred, though not necessary. Part-time and Full-time inquiries welcome. Availability to work either Saturday or Sunday is a must. We are looking for barista's that:
- genuinely love specialty coffee
- are capable of providing excellent and friendly customer service
- are detail-oriented, focused and able to multi-task
- have a desire to train, learn and grow as a barista
- are well presented, and can turn up to work on time
We pay more for experienced baristas and those that have their food handlers.
Are you that somebody? Send our Manager Amanda an email with your skills and other interesting information firstname.lastname@example.org